[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

James Blessing jblessing at llnw.com
Mon May 21 10:17:37 UTC 2012

On 18 May 2012 18:58, Alan Barrett <apb at cequrux.com> wrote:
> I have heard allegations that vote solicitation messages were sent to
> AfriNIC contact addresses and to peering contact addresses, but I have not
> seen publicly available evidence.  If such allegations are true, especially
> in the case of WHOIS or AfriNIC internal databases, then it's a violation of
> the terms under which the data was made available.  It's unfortunate that
> the accused persons were not given an opportunity to address the allegations
> during the meeting.

Hi,

I can confirm that I received a solicitation email for a proxy, as far
as I can tell it appears to be from someone able to obtain email
addresses from the Afrinic db - if it had come from other sources I
would have expected other contacts within Limelight to receive a copy
(none did) or it would have been sent a role account (it was a
personal address). However my address is fairly well know so it could
have been obtained via another source (such as this mailing list).

James Blessing
+44 7989 039 476
Strategic Relations Manager, EMEA
Limelight Networks