[AfriNIC-rpd] Public Comments on the PDWG Co-Chair Candidate

Kris Seeburn kseeburn at umail.utm.ac.mu
Thu May 17 12:43:53 UTC 2012

>From my personal perspective as well (Just to ensure this is not any board
position or nomcom position). My personal view and engages none and just
as another community view.

I think it makes sense for the community to decide. We just need to see
volunteers coming up and willing. It is not to say that we have that many
volunteers willing to do the job. It makes sense to have a need to find
someone who understands the process for sure is important.

And yes the scenarios are very varied:

First scenario : If the candidate does get elected we still have in place
Paulos to help in making sure that continuity prevails. Even if the
candidate here the community decides not to agree to his election the
process from the community is to select and appoint someone for that
position. But this is not happening yet. So our focus is perhaps the
second scenario.

Second Scenario : Paulos gets elected for the board tomorrow and
relinquishes his co-chair position then we surely do have an issue for the
continuity and understanding of the process. In this situation my personal
take is that because the PDP has a process in place which is what McTim
was referring to, we just need to see within the community a candidate
willing to continue the term of paulos and understands the process and
finished the term of Paulos.

In line with these, the community needs to decide accordingly and find the
person they wish to have and obviously whether these people would like to
give the required time. I am very much and pretty sure we have intelligent
people who can make and take proper decisions going forward.

Kris