[AfriNIC-rpd] Public Comments on the PDWG Co-Chair Candidate

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Thu May 17 11:10:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 17 May 2012 09:45, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> IF Paulos chose to relinquish his seat as co-chair, this would put the
>>> PDPWG is a really precarious situation.
>
> @ Douglas, not precarious at all, WE are the pdwg, we select co-chairs
> to follow us, not to lead!

McTim, I meant precarious from a continuity perspective. here is the
scenario i had in mind:
Our only candidate who isn't familiar with PDPWG activity or its
running manages to get elected as co-chair....Paulos relinquishes his
seat which is also taken up by another individual not very familiar
with the process.........

I know the PDP allows for replacing a candidate, but this wasn't my
core concern; mine is with continuity, which is why the staggered
terms are in the process.....

If the situation I describe above plays out, the continuity clause or
any other won't remedy this situation. This is why I alluded to
"precarious"

Douglas Onyango | +256(0712)981329 | Twitter: @ondouglas
Life is the educator's practical joke in which you spend the first
half learning, and the second half learning that everything you
learned in the first was a joke.