[AfriNIC-rpd] Open Policy hour for AfriNIC - just an idea.

Graham Beneke graham at apolix.co.za
Mon May 7 06:56:00 UTC 2012

Hi SM

On 19/04/2012 17:02, SM wrote:
> The last five AfriNIC meetings were each in a different country. There
> is one AfriNIC member from Gambia. The AfriNIC directors are from six
> African countries. The current chairs are from two countries. If the
> details from ARIN are relevant, feel free to share. :-)

I think that its probably unneccessary to get too bogged down in
comparisons of how this is done at ARIN and how we would do it. ;-)

Overall I think that this is a good idea and I am glad that it has been
included in the agenda:-

It will provide for "general" discussion at the end of the policy
meeting. I always find that its useful to open the agenda at the end in
case any important discussion points were missed.

I think that it will also help to bring some of the side-bar discussions
that happen during the breaks into the PDP. I have heard many great
ideas discussed over coffee during the AfriNIC meetings. This often ends
with "I'll draft a proposal when I get home" and you never hear about
the policy again. This could help bridge that gap.

regards
--
Graham Beneke