[AfriNIC-rpd] Draft Policy: Anycast Assignments in the AfriNIC region

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Apr 18 11:02:04 UTC 2012

Walu,

Perhaps the provider in question only has a small handful (10 or so) services that they want to put up on anycast. In such a case, the /24 is usable, but, not fully utilized and the /22 would be simply a waste.

Having a dozen or so anycast services that each need an address doesn't mean you don't have other things that require unicast addresses. The current policy makes it difficult to deploy both.

Owen