[AfriNIC-rpd] AFPUB-2006-GEN-001 and Anycast

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Apr 11 08:31:52 UTC 2012

Reading through the document you liked, your claim appears facially in conflict with the following provision:

> IP Backbone Providers should exchange routing information and traffic between all other Inter-Service Provider IP Backbone nodes. An IP Backbone Provider should be responsible for distributing all Inter-Service Provider BGP-4 information to all its peers. An IP Backbone Provider should advertise its customer networks to peering partners after a Service Provider has fulfilled the security requirements laid down in PRD IR.77 [19]. When operating an IPX network, the above requirements are mandatory.

(6.5.1 IP Routing, Page 16.

Further, the document is inconsistent with itself in a number of locations.

Thanks for providing it, though. It explains a number of the reasons that cellular still continues to provide such a poor internet user experience.

Owen