[AfriNIC-rpd] Call for Comments: Draft Minutes of Public Policy Meeting during AfriNIC-15 in Yaounde

SM sm at resistor.net
Sat Jan 7 14:01:52 UTC 2012

At 11:09 06-01-2012, Mukom Akong T wrote:
>Please find here the draft minutes of the public policy meeting that
>took place during AfriNIC-15 in Yaounde - Cameroon.
>
>- --------------------------------------
>
>Minutes of the AfriNIC-15 Public Policy Meeting
>(23rd and 24th November 2011 | Hilton Hotel, Yaounde, Cameroon)
>
>Policy Development Working Group Chairs
>
>Dr Paulos Nyirenda
>Timothy McGinnis
>
>Agenda Day One: 23rd November 2011
>
>1.0 AfriNIC PDP Update - Presentation by PDWG Co-chairs
>2.0 Staff Analysis of the AfriNIC PDP  and Outstanding Issues for Full
>Implementation - Mukom Akong T.

As the Policy Development Working Group Chairs
held a public policy meeting in Yaounde, could they please explain:

  (i)  Why the agenda for the meeting was not announced on Resource Policy
       Discussion mailing list?

  (ii) Why the minutes of proceedings is being published after six weeks?

>The functions of the  Policy Development Working Group and  WG Chairs
>were also explained. The process involved in policy development was then
>further detailed, from initial submission of a proposal, provision of
>relevant analyses by AfriNIC staff, mailing list discussion procedures
>as well as conflict resolution and appeal mechanisms. Paulos concluded
>by stating that there is a need for an urgent review of the PDP.

Where can I find the review of the PDP mentioned above?

>[2.0] Staff Analysis of the AfriNIC PDP and Outstanding Issues for Full
>Implementation

[snip]

>Issue #2: The Policy does not spell out the mechanism for replacing an
>incapable co-chair.

Did the staff really mean "unable to do or achieve" co-chair here?

>Issue #3: The policy only states it is the Appeals committee that
>resolves conflicts ­ nothing more is specified
>
>Staff Recommendation:
>
>     (i) The complainant shall send their appeal in the form of an email
>to policy-submission at afrinic.net The email must mention the names and
>email addresses of three (3) persons who support it.

I suggest sending the appeal to this mailing list.

>Adiel Akplogan commenting on the relative weights of mailing list and
>face-to-face meeting comments said that only comments on the RPD mailing
>list made before the face-to-face meeting should only be equal to those
>at face-to-face meetings.

The sentence is not clear.  I suggest asking Mr
Adiel Akplogan whether the sentence reflects what he said.

>(b) Transfer of IPv4 Space to any Entity
><http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2011-v4-001-draft-01.htm>
>
>The PDP MG co-chairs presented the proposal as written in absence of the
>author.

There is a typo (PDP MG) in the above.

BTW, the draft minutes does not mention that
remote participation was not possible during
parts of the meeting.  I suggest adding a note about that.

Regards,
-sm