[AfriNIC-rpd] Pushing IPv6

Sofía sofia at lacnic.net
Fri Nov 25 10:53:20 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I just wanted to clarify that we are not "pushing" anyone and that we
are not "dictating to Members how to run their networks". The proposals
I mentioned (LAC-2011-02 and LAC-2011-3.
http://www.lacnic.net/en/politicas/propuesta-politicas.html) just
establish that the applicant has to request an IPv6 block in case they
don't already have one.

The proposal that applies to additional requests says that if the
applicant already has an IPv6 block, they have to send us a report
explaining what they are doing with IPv6, but we won't reject any
request in case the report says "we are not doing anything". At least
they will take a few minutes to think about it when writing this report.

Kind regards,

Ing. Sofía Silva Berenguer
PGP Key ID: 0xAAD4EB5F
Registration Services Area
LACNIC - www.lacnic.net
Latin American and Caribbean Internet Address Registry