[AfriNIC-rpd] NRO-NC Election Nominees - Call for public comments

SM sm at resistor.net
Sat Oct 22 16:31:31 UTC 2011

At 04:33 22-10-2011, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>I think more like hearing responses from both of them on questions
>directly related to the position they were nominated for, would be a
>fair basis.

Yes.

The NomCom chairperson listed the following responsibilities:

(a) Undertaking a role in the global policy development process

(b) Providing recommendations to the Board of ICANN concerning the
recognition of new RIRs, according to agreed requirements and
policies as currently described in http://www.icann.org/icp/icp-2.htm

(c) Defining procedures for selection of individuals to serve on other
ICANN bodies, in particular on the ICANN Board, and implementing any
roles assigned to the Address Council in such procedures.

(d) Providing advice to the Board of ICANN on number resource
allocation policy, in conjunction with the RIRs.

(e) Developing procedures for conducting business in support of their
responsibilities, in particular for the appointment of an Address
Council Chair and definition of the Chair's responsibilities.

For items (a) and (d), I assume that the person would be reading the
discussions on this mailing list to understand the regional concerns
about number resource allocation policy.    If the person has
commented on number resource allocation policies, it is easier to
determine the person's views about these policies.

My original comment was also related to item (b).  It would be good
if the person understands the implications if the NRO Number Council
had to discuss such a matter.

Regards,
-sm