Search RPD Archives
[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: 2011: Election for AfriNIC representative on the NRO-NC Re:
gift at itibots.com
Fri Sep 23 12:54:11 UTC 2011
The AfriNIC NomCom is pleased to invite nominations for candidates
to run for an open seat on the NRO Number Council for the AfriNIC
region. The term for the elected candidate will be from 1 January
2012 to 31 December 2014 (3 years).
Current representatives from the AfriNIC region on the Council are
- Jean-Robert Hountomey (01/2009 – 12/2011) – Open Seat
- Fiona Asonga (01/2011 – 12/2013)
- Alan P. Barrett (01/2011 – 12/2011) – Appointed by the Board
1. The NRO-NC Responsibilities
- Undertaking a role in the global policy development process
- Providing recommendations to the Board of ICANN concerning the
recognition of new RIRs, according to agreed requirements and
policies as currently described inhttp://www.icann.org/icp/icp-2.htm
- Defining procedures for selection of individuals to serve on other
ICANN bodies, in particular on the ICANN Board, and implementing any
roles assigned to the Address Council in such procedures.
- Providing advice to the Board of ICANN on number resource
allocation policy, in conjunction with the RIRs.
- Developing procedures for conducting business in support of their
responsibilities, in particular for the appointment of an Address
Council Chair and definition of the Chair’s responsibilities.
As per the ICANN ASO MoU
the NRO-NC also serves as the ASO-AC.
You can find more about the NRO-NC and the ASO-AC at
Open to individuals residing within the AfriNIC service region.
Self-nominations are permitted and must be supported by at least two
active AfriNIC members.
A person may only nominate one candidate. In case of multiple
nominations by the same person, only the last nomination will be
considered valid. AfriNIC or other RIRs staff cannot nominate
candidates nor be nominated.
3. Nominating Procedure
Nominations are to be submitted to NomCom with the following
a. Nominator (Full Name):
b. Nominee (Full Name):
c. Organisation (or Affiliation):
d. Current Position:
e. Physical address:
f. E-mail address:
g. Phone number:
h. Fax number:
i. Country of Residence:
i. (Name, e-mail address, Organisation)
ii. (Name, e-mail address, Organisation)
Candidates must provide two valid references which can be contacted
by NomCom for further information and background check.
- Brief statement explaining the candidate's background (Including
experience in Number Resource Policy) and motivation (Not more than
- A copy of candidate’s Resume and a picture will be requested and
used for publication
4. Deadline for Nominations
All nominations should be submitted tonomcom2011 at afrinic.net by
20:00 hours UTC on 16 October 2011.
Please note that the election will take place during the AfriNIC
meeting in Cameroon in November (see
http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-15). Prospective candidates are
encouraged to attend as this will present an opportunity to interact
with the body of members. For further details on the election
process please refer to:
More information about the RPD