election controversy? - Re: Handover to new PDWG co-chairs [AfriNIC-rpd]

Kris Seeburn kseeburn at umail.utm.ac.mu
Thu Jun 16 10:50:40 UTC 2011

I guess the point is made. We should somehow ensure some disparity in
support of the elections. I totally agree with Mark on the fact that
electing one for two years when he preferred One would have been a bit
odd. But surely it is a situation that sought approval from the community
and I think it does make pretty much sense to do so.

It is just the process or should I say the way the motion was brought to
the community that has created the whole situation. In which case my view
is from this point on the seeking of approval from the community is a must
and perhaps needs some enforcing of the same. Today at Afrinic level and
looking at the bylaws we are more inclined towards the Board election
procedures for all the seats. Perhaps at this point we need to see that a
vetted regularized process is put in place for NRO & PDWG.

It's a suggestion to be taken on board for the next meetings and
elections. I think we have some agreement on a point which is Approval
from community, but motions have to be carefully thought of. I think Mark,
it may be a point to be raised and taken up on the board for improvement
of this process.

For this particular situation we have to admit it as already happened and
take note for further situations.

Kris

K.Seeburn
Dept of Business Informatics & Software Engineering
School of Innovative Technologies & Engineering
University of Technology, Mauritius
Tel. (230)2075250, Fax (230)2341747
skype: kris_seeburn30
http://www.utm.ac.mu <http://www.utm.ac.mu/>
---
³Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail.² ‹Ralph Waldo Emerson
---
DISCLAIMER: This message contains confidential information and is intended
only for the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient and you have
received the email by mistake, you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy this email. Kindly notify the sender and delete the email from your
system. Unwarranted use of emails will be dealt with as per current
legislation.