Fwd: [AfriNIC-rpd] Handover to new PDWG co-chairs

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Wed Jun 15 09:21:36 UTC 2011

At 11:10 PM 6/14/2011, Trevor Mwangi wrote:
>You're wrong SM.  There were TWO points of controversy:

I am usually wrong. :-)

>Rather than cry over spilt milk, I hope the next NomCom learns from these
>incidents, and does not repeat them.

I hope so too.

>There was more than just Graham online;  though at one point the Jabber room
>did devolve into someone's personal dinner planning calendar  :-)

I forgot to mention that you also took the time to participate remotely.

>I support this;  in fact, I would like to see AfriNIC staff do the same;
>although my (admittedly brief) reading of the mailing list archives did not
>supply an explanation, I surmise that their conspicuous absence at the
>microphone is as a result of some dictatorial edict.

Or maybe they are shy. :-)

>I could be mistaken, but I'm sure that there's a note on the AfriNIC website
>that says the official language of communication is English.
>Encouraging local support is great (Hey, can we have a Swahili list as
>well please?) but how will all of this be consolidated ?

Such mailing lists would not be official input to the policy
discussions.  It is up to people who would like to have these mailing
lists to come forward if they think it is a good idea.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy