[AfriNIC-rpd] Withdrawl of AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02.htm

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Thu Jun 9 05:47:40 UTC 2011

Hi All,

After the discussions in the meeting yesterday I officially withdraw
AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02 pending a full and complete rewrite of the policy
in question.

Rather than attempting to modify the policy, it became clear that there were
enough contentious issues within the policy to rewrite from scratch, with a
new policy that better explains both the spirit and the letter of the
policy.

I also felt from yesterdays discussions that a lot of things in the policy
needed to be better clarified and spelled out, and a lot more definitions
needed to be added to the policy.

Hence, I will resubmit as a new policy in the coming days/weeks, with a
ground up rewrite.

Many Thanks

Andrew Alston
TENET ­ Chief Technology Officer