[AfriNIC-rpd] AFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-04 Softlanding Policy Proposal

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon May 30 17:57:27 UTC 2011

McTim,

On May 30, 2011, at 2:17 AM, McTim wrote:
> I am just wondering how you might go about enshrining in policy the
> sense of the community on keeping AfriNIC resources in use by African
> companies.

Just for clarity, the policy (as proposed) doesn't actually say the last bit ("in use by African companies"). It says "AfriNIC resources are for the AfriNIC geographical region."

I'm guessing that when this policy comes into force, you're going to have more lawyers (real and net.) than exist in some countries looking for loopholes.  If the intent of the policy is to limit allocations to "African companies", it'll probably be important to state that explicitly (and define what you mean by "African companies").

Regards,
-drc