[AfriNIC-rpd] Consensus call on Section 3.8 of AFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-02 - IPv4 Soft Landing

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Mon May 23 08:22:44 UTC 2011

On 5/23/2011 11:02 AM, ALAIN AINA wrote:

> On May 21, 2011, at 10:29 PM, David Conrad wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, are any of these large requests being made by organizations outside of the AfriNIC region?
>
> No

I assume any organisation needing IP addresses does have an office in
Africa.

I also think that any African organisation expanding to outside AfrinNIC
service region will establish a legal presence there and can use this
for getting IPs from the "outside" RIR for needs outside AfriNIC region....

-> level playing field with their competitors "outside"   ;-)
they could roll out v6 ..... imagine....!

Frank