[AfriNIC-rpd] Last Call: IPv4 Soft Landing Policy - AFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-03

Hannigan, Martin marty at akamai.com
Fri May 13 19:03:12 UTC 2011

On 5/13/11 1:36 PM, "Andrew Alston" <aa at tenet.ac.za> wrote:

> I object to the policy in its current form for reasons stated in other
> posts, but to clarify:
>
> I object to the /27 minimum allocation size in section 3.5.2 and I
> believe it should be a /24
>
> I strongly and vehemently oppose the second paragraph in section 3.8
> which limits use of AfriNIC space outside of the region to 10%, and in
> turn creates an unenforceable, unrealistic clause which disadvantages
> African operators looking to expand into the international arena.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew

I'm afraid that I have to agree. I would like to join in an oppose this
proposal for the same reasons. I do agree that it's effectively
unenforceable with other undesirable effects, IMHO. I can understand the
concern, but there are likely better ways to insure that v4 addresses are
serving the Afrinic community in the most beneficial way.

Thanks to all for work on this proposal.

Best,

-M<