[AfriNIC-rpd] Draft agenda for AfriNIC-14

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu May 12 23:59:03 UTC 2011

Hello,

The PDWG has been allocated five and a half hours, including 45
minutes for PDP process and elections, during the AfriNIC-14 meeting
for its discussions.  The list of existing proposals is as follows:

   AFPUB-2011-v4-004-draft-01

   AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02

   AFPUB-2011-v4-002-draft-01

   AFPUB-2011-v4-001-draft-01

   AFPUB-2010-GEN-007

   AFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-03

   AFPUB-2010-v4-003-draft-02

   AFPUB-2011-v4-004-draft-01

The authors of the following proposals have confirmed that they will
be presenting their proposals:

   AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02

   AFPUB-2011-v4-004-draft-01

Some time will be reserved for AFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-03 just in
case it gets on the agenda.

If you are an author of one of the existing proposals and you have
not sent a confirmation, please do so as soon as possible so that the
logistical details can be finalized.

The tentative plan is to allocate 10 minutes to the author for the
presentation of his/her proposal.  AfriNIC will provide a Powerpoint
template.  I'll post the URL or you can email Mukom Akong T
<tamon at afrinic.net> to get a copy of template.  If there are any
problems, please contact the Interim co-chairs.

I would appreciate if you submit your presentation at least one week
before the AfriNIC-14 meeting.  If you need to make any last minute
changes, please contact the Interim co-chairs.

The slots for each proposal will be allotted based on the amount of
discussion generated by the proposal.  If you need more time,
ask.  Please note that we have to take into account time constraints
as we try to accommodate you.

Presentations are generally in English.  AfriNIC will provide audio
facilities in English and French.  I met some French speakers at some
previous meetings.  They mentioned that they would like to read a
french version of the proposals.  As the PDWG does not have the
logistics for text translation, I suggest, as an individual, to run
the version of the proposal available on the AfriNIC web site through
an online translator.

It is recommended that authors who cannot attend the meeting in
person participate remotely as there are Jabber facilities available
during the meeting.  It is the author's responsibility to address the
concerns raised during the discussion of a proposal.

If you have any questions about the above, please ask.  Suggestions
are welcome.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
Interim co-chair