[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: Consensus call ??? on Section 3.8 of AFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-02 - IPv4 Soft Landing

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Wed May 11 06:58:57 UTC 2011

Alan,

I do not think that this extension by PDP co-chairs is right, it points to my objections
about having prerogatives in AFRINIC policies. In this case, I do not think that the PDP
Co-chairs have a prerogative to impose a "Consensus Call" on sections of a proposal, the
policy does not grant that.

Worse still, I do not think they have a prerogative to limit the time for discussion as
they seem to be doing here. Time limits are set out properly in the PDP policy for RPD
discussions sessions, for Last Call sessions, for time-outs etc.

The current process hence worries me a great deal.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD