[AfriNIC-rpd] RE:AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02 - Limited Out of RegionAllocation of IPv4 Resources - of Legacy Space

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon May 9 21:22:59 UTC 2011

McTim,

On May 9, 2011, at 2:36 AM, McTim wrote:
> yes, please, would like to see any documentation about what was expected of folk at the time.

I believe the problem is that essentially no formal documentation exists.  As a result, it becomes ... complicated to try to force people to conform to policies they may not agree with (try telling (say) Jeff Schiller of MIT or the folks at DoD who have /8s that address space must be used efficiently or it will be revoked).  As an aside, this was a known problem when RFC 2050 was being written, hence RFC 2050 spoke of practices current at that time and was forward looking, discussing future actions.

Regards,
-drc