[AfriNIC-rpd] Consensus call on Section 3.8 of AFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-02 - IPv4 Soft Landing

James Blessing jblessing at llnw.com
Fri May 6 09:12:23 UTC 2011

On 06/05/2011 09:10, Arbogast Fabian wrote:

> in the first place do we think and is it the practice for these
> resources meant and allocated to AfriNIC to be routed and land outside
> the AfriNIC region (meaning going to end users who are sitting outside
> africa region) ?

We have resources from several registries, whilst the goal has always
been to use address space 'within region' there will be leakage where it
makes sense at a technical level (for example our anycast addresses are
from ARIN space but deployed on all continents)

It is the situation going forward where exhaustion means that other
regions have no RIR space left (or it has special
requirements/limitations) that AfrinNIC members expanding into other
regions will be impacted.

James Blessing
+44 7989 039 476
Strategic Relations Manager, EMEA