Section 5.3 of PDP (was: [AfriNIC-rpd] Updated Version of the "IPv4 Soft Landing Policy" now Available Online)

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Tue May 3 19:01:05 UTC 2011

Hi McTim,
At 10:53 03-05-2011, McTim wrote:
>Is this something we can ask the Policy Liaison to research (support
>or lack thereof over the last 2 years of list submissions/PPMs) ?

No, it is up to the participants, and not the Policy Liaison, to do
their research.

According to Section 5.1 of the PDP:

   "The Working Group Chair(s) may request AfriNIC to provide an analysis,
    technical, financial, legal or other, of the impact of the draft policy."

Although there isn't any requirement to do this for the "Softlanding"
proposal, AfriNIC provided such an analysis.

As Interim co-chair, I can also ask AfriNIC to provide relevant facts
and statistics.  I would expect you to provide me with a reason if
you would like to request any additional information.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy