[AfriNIC-rpd] Transfer of IPv4 Addresses to Any Entity - AFPUB-2011-v4-001-draft-01

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 08:54:37 UTC 2011

Andrew,

this is precisely what your proposal AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02-"Limited Out of Region Allocation of IPv4 Resources
(Proposal-Draft)" suggests.  And I think I asked this early this year in Feb and not sure if I got an answer...

My question was, assume am a Legacy or even Non-legacy IP resource owner in Africa and I 'bypass' AfriNIC and transfer (polite for sell) the IP resources to Microsoft in the US.  Can M$ use these addresses without ARIN or AFRNIC registering the same in their whois database? Put differently, to what extend/effective are IP addresses that are not in registered in the respective whois databases route-able across the Internet?

walu.