[AfriNIC-rpd] Updated Version of the "IPv4 Soft Landing Policy"now Available Online

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Feb 25 06:00:47 UTC 2011

On Feb 24, 2011, at 7:43 PM, David Conrad wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2011, at 4:55 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
>> Perhaps it's best if we break everyone's internet at the same time. I think there
>> is some potential advantage to the AfriNIC community if they break later, but, if they want to join the
>> rest of the world and race over the cliff at the same time, they are most welcome.
>
> I find it somewhat surprising that you would see deploying IPv6 as breaking the Internet.

I see pushing up the runout of IPv4 up as breaking the internet. I see deploying IPv6
as the solution to that. Please do not put obviously incorrect words into my mouth.

I think that it was quite obvious I was referring to your belief that it was better to have
AfriNIC run out of IPv4 faster so that they went over the falls at the same time as the
other boats.

> In any event, it's clear this discussion has past the point of diminishing returns so I'll not respond further.

Quite likely.