[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: Proposal: Ability to Transfer IPv4 addresses from a member to any company

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 16:59:03 UTC 2011

Hi all:

There is a somewhat parallel discussion going on on the ARIN policy
list...someone just raised a point about de-aggregation, which we
haven't discussed as an effect of this policy.

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2011-February/019622.html

"The problem, i believe, with a less-regulated market is that we'd see
 much smaller address block transfers, which would jeopardize core
routing (as if it's not going to be bad enough). A lot of individual
/24 transfers could prove very dangerous for us, while the parties
involved  in such transfers may not understand or care about the
problem. Removing ARIN completely would destroy what use is left in
the whois database."

--
Cheers,

McTim