[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: Proposal: Ability to Transfer IPv4 addresses from a member to any company

Jean-Robert Hountomey hrobert at iservices.tg
Sun Feb 6 04:12:16 UTC 2011

I oppose this proposal

>> On Feb 4, 2011, at 10:07 AM, sm+afrinic at elandsys.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jack,
>>>
>>> Your proposal is being forwarded to the Resource Policy Discussion
mailing list (rpd at afrinic.net) for discussion.  We will contact you about
the identifier for your proposal once the template for proposals and the
implementation details of the current Policy Development Process has been to
be finalized.

>>> For your information, the Policy Development Process in the AfriNIC
>>> service region is documented in AFPUB-2010-GEN-005 (
>>> http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2010-GEN-005.htm ).  The
>>> discussions about a proposal are carried out on the Resource Policy
>>> Discussion mailing list.  If you are not a subscriber to the mailing
>>> list, you can subscribe through the web page at
>>> https://lists.afrinic.net/mailman/listinfo.cgi/rpd or by sending an
>>> is at https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/
>>>
>>> If you need any help with your proposal, you can post a message to the
Resource Policy Discussion mailing list or contact the Interim co-chairs.

>>> Regards,
>>> Alan Barrett and S. Moonesamy
>>> Interim co-chairs, AfriNIC Policy Development Working Group

will also get depleted. It is possible that there will be continued demand
for IPv4 addresses long after the AfriNIC pool is depleted. New ISPs (and
those growing their existing networks) that do not want (for various
reasons) to consider IPv6 will be looking for IPv4 addresses. This proposal
attempts to propose a legitimate way for such ISPs to acquire IPv4 addresses
from existing AfriNIC members (legacy or not) who wish to give away some
addresses (with some consideration or otherwise).

any company. The criteria below will apply:
enter into agreement with AfriNIC.
services and benefits normally available to legacy members.

addresses to any company. The criteria below will apply:
policies. The only requirement for the transfer to happen should be the
contract between the member and AfriNIC.
and benefits normally available to normal members.