[AfriNIC-rpd] IPv4 Softlanding Proposal Update

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue Dec 1 10:51:01 UTC 2009

At 10:01 27-11-2009, Andrew Alston wrote:
>Personally I'm extremely opposed to this entire clause for the following
>reasons:

[snip]

>The RIR's job as far as I am concerned is to allocate resources to
>companies who have their primary presence in the RIR's designated
>geographic region.  It is NOT to police where that IP space is used by
>the company that it allocates it to.

That's a good point.   Does this community share the concern that
companies from outside the AfriNIC region will set up shop in the
region to reuse the resources mainly in other service regions?

At 09:09 28-11-2009, Douglas Onyango wrote:
>May i point out that an earlier version of this document had the 10%
>that you now propose, the caveat was the fact that corporations
>could  match into the continent and signup for addresses only to
>repatriate them to other regions, hence the 100% usage within the
>service region (as in current proposal).

And I'll point out that this should have been mentioned during the
discussion about this proposal. :-)

Regards,
-sm