[AfriNIC-rpd] IPv4 Softlanding Policy

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Fri Oct 2 09:33:23 UTC 2009

Hi,
2 small things inline..

SM wrote:
... snip...

>  (i) leave it to the Board to decide when the block should be returned to
>      the pool and allocate according to the proposed policy.
"... to decide when and if the block should be returned"
I would say.
And I favour that option.

...snip...

> There has been ample warning about what is being done to delay the
> inevitable.  I would encourage networks to do their homework and
> determine the impact of the proposed policy.  In my opinion, it's not up
> to AfriNIC to take responsibility for "critical infrastructure" and
> solve legacy IPv4 addressing problems that will occur.
Agree.
But apart from "critical infrastructure" there might maybe (or maybe i'm
dreaming) come new technologies about that can enable a new&better
transition mechanism and require a few IPv4 addresses. I think intention
is to reserve for this rather than "critical infrastructure".
I might be wrong.
This is your chance to tell me ;-)

Frank