[AfriNIC-rpd] IPv6 Allocations for Non-Profit Networks

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu May 21 08:57:52 UTC 2009

I understand the authors desire for IPv6 address space - and in that
there seems to be no current way in which that can get address space -
as there is no RFC1918 address space for IPv6.

If AfriNIC were to allocate address space to such organisations at zero
cost that were truly not simply 'non-profit' but had no revenue
collection system or stream - then I'd be happy to see that happen.
They - of course - would have no membership privileges (ie - voting).

I only worry whether this could be abused.
I understand that it would be difficult to be policed.
--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE