[AfriNIC-rpd] IP address management practices/guidelines for ISPs

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Mar 4 14:32:17 UTC 2009

At 02:58 04-03-2009, Ernest - (AfriNIC) wrote:
>We have put together a document titled:
>
>    "Recommended Best Practices to AfriNIC region LIRs and
>     ISPs for managing and assigning IPv4 address space to
>     their customers."

The document recommends that the "cost" of IP addresses should be
reasonable in comparison with the membership fees charged by
AfriNIC.  The yearly charge for an IPv4 address is approximately USD
0.40 (/24) and USD 0.20 (/16).  If an ISP charges its customers over
twenty times the amount, for example USD 10.00, for an IPv4 address,
is that considered as outrageous?

Regards,
-sm