Search RPD Archives
[AfriNIC-rpd] Call for Volunteers: AfriNIC Policy Development Process-Moderator Group Elections Committee
vincent at kenic.or.ke
Thu Sep 11 21:03:28 UTC 2008
<kindly ignore previous email>
Dear AfriNIC Members,
AfriNIC is seeking volunteers to serve as members of the Elections Committee
(ECom) for the Policy Development Process Moderator Group (PDP-MG)
The ECom membership is a voluntary position whose responsibilities include:
* Calling for elections of PDP-MG members
* Assist in presenting the volunteers for PDP-MG membership to the
* Helping AfriNIC team in preparing the agenda and associated documents
(PDP-MG volunteers biographies, expression of interest etc) of PDP-MG
elections session in AfriNIC face-to-face meeting
* Conduct, moderate and coordinate the elections procedures and processes
for the PDP-MG members at the AfriNIC meeting
* Preparing the elections report which include the results of the elections
and submit it to AfriNIC Board of Trustees (BoT).
The ECom members will choose a Chair; who will be the focal point between
them (the committee), the AfriNIC community and the AfriNIC BoT.
The ECom volunteers are supposed to be:
* Neutral; not interested in the results of the elections.
* Not one of the nominated persons for the elections.
* A trusted member of the AfriNIC community
* Willing to serve as a member in the election committee and do their best
to fulfill their responsibilities.
If you are interested in this position, please send an expression of
interest, including a short biography in an email to: ecom08 at afrinic.net.
The nomination deadline is Thursday, 18th September 2008, 1400UTC.
All PDP-MG Elections Committee members undertake this work on a voluntary
basis. For more information about the role of PDP-MG, please visit:
Chair, Interim AfriNIC PDP-MG
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the RPD