[AfriNIC-rpd] What is our take on the central pool IPv4 exhaustion?

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Aug 17 14:58:29 UTC 2007

Hi Alain,

I'm not sure to get your point. I'm not talking about any specific type of
apps., there are many possibilities of things that aren't so easy to develop
with IPv4 because you need to take care of NAT, which is not the case with
IPv6. My point is that innovation in app development can happen with IPv6
w/o resources, just smart people and programming skills. Then this can be
exported, and that means business.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Alain Patrick AINA <aalain at trstech.net>
> Organización: technologies réseaux et Solutions (www.trstech.net)
> Responder a: <aalain at trstech.net>
> Fecha: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:58:21 +0000
> Para: <rpd at afrinic.net>, <jordi.palet at consulintel.es>
> Asunto: Re: [AfriNIC-rpd] What is our take on the central pool IPv4
> exhaustion?
>

>> Developing regions have even more reasons to move to IPv6 faster, and to
>> allow the innovation in the regions to happen *before* developed regions,
>> increasing the competition opportunities.
>>
>> Developing applications with IPv6 is far more easier than with IPv4 and
>> this provides a path for African people to do business while the rest of
>> the world is still spending tons of dollars/euros in developing less
>> advanced applications that traverse NATs.
>
> Which type of business ?
>
> Traffic intra-africa is so small and make africa sensible to what happens in
> the rest of the world.
>

> --alain

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !