[AfriNIC-rpd] Call for Comments for IPv6 HD Ratio Change

Adiel A. Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Wed May 23 14:56:49 UTC 2007

I think something need to be clarified here,

AfriNIC policy can not take in account various internal
reservation policy of every one. The HD ratio change policy
is based only on the current IPv6 allocation policy and the
new proposal itself starts by:

"The current IPv6 Address Allocation and Assignment Policy
(afpol-v6200407-000) suggests that most IPv6 subscribers
should be assigned a /48 "in the general case". The policy
also requests AfriNIC to evaluate requests for additional
allocations based on "units of /48 assignments" and that
LIRs be allocated in general a /32." - based on the rfc3177

So if an organisation has a specific reservation policy this
can not be applied by everyone and hence can not be taken into
account in this proposal. If we think that the /48 boundary
is not good then we should think about another policy to
address that separately.

- a.