[AfriNIC-rpd] Anycast prefix's

Vincent Ngundi vincent at kenic.or.ke
Fri May 11 15:07:57 UTC 2007

Hi Andrew,

> This would be ONE of MANY possibilities for using Anycast.  Would this
> qualify as "critical infrastructure?"  I'm not sure...

IMHO, this case would not qualify as "critical infrastructure" at
least not with the End-User IPv4 policy (http://www.afrinic.net/docs/
policies/afpol-v4eu200504.htm#5) we have at the moment.

But if the anycast was to serve zone info for several ccTLD's, then
*maybe* it would be considered critical infrastructure.

Regards,

-Vincent

PS: You may *need* to draft a new policy for this.

--
KeNIC - The Kenya Network Information Center
http://www.kenic.or.ke