[AfriNIC-rpd] New policy proposal: IPv6 ULA-central

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue Apr 3 18:00:47 UTC 2007

Hi Alain,

To make it short:

1) The draft introduces the concept and one way to manage this, however, in
section 7.0, IANA considerations, is already indicated "... If deemed
appropriate, the authority may also consist of multiple organizations
performing the allocation authority duties".

2) Even if only L=1 is defined, the entire block is on IANA hands, as it is
a /7, not /8.

3) The definition of L=0 is done by this document. We just need to move it
forward again, which as said before, can be done in parallel with the PDP in
the RIRs. I don't think there is any rule that says "must be done in serial
mode" and if this helps to win time, why not ?

Regards,
Jordi