[AfriNIC-rpd] About the policy development process and the mailing list

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue Apr 3 11:28:20 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I will like to comment something about this mailing list.

I've realized that it may be relevant to make a clarification after talking
with somebody from the region this morning.

The only way the region will move in terms of policy development is having
people active in the mailing list. Getting the policy development
progressing in the region HELPS the region to become more developed in terms
of IT.

The mailing list is an instrument for debating about ideas, about what each
in the knowledge and/or view of everyone which is willing to contribute.

Participating in the mailing list is not a question of "I don't want to
upset anyone". Nobody must be upset by any comment (except for personal
attacks, that should never happen and hopefully the chair or AfriNIC staff
will take care of them in that case).

Actually on the other way around, we NEED this debate, the different views
to reach consensus, and consequently to make the things happen. Nobody is
wrong, just have a different view and can be convinced by may convince
others thanks to the debate: No other way !

So please, don't be shy and don't even consider that what you can say is not
important. Nobody should interpret that a comment is not worth for not doing
it. We *all* need the inputs from everyone. The only way to realize if one
is wrong is to understand from others different views, understand the
implications of the proposals in different regions/countries, business
sectors, and so on.

My 0000,5 cents :-)

Regards,
Jordi