[AfriNIC-rpd] AfriNIC Policy Proposal: IPv6 ProviderIndependent (PI) Assignment for End-Sites

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Tue Mar 27 08:03:55 UTC 2007

McTim, in response to your last email:

We should do like ARIN did, assign a block out of whats currently there, and
ask the world to change their filters.  Though the reality is that a lot of
people still don't filter /48s, they should be, but they don't.

As for your statements about NAT, that just scares me, McTim you talk about
avoiding the mistakes of the past, yet you make a mistake that people can
NAT v6 in order to provide certain functionality if they want... please,
don't even PUT that idea in peoples heads.

For the record, I will state once again, I am for this P.I policy, it must
happen, enough debate, lets get a policy.

Andrew