[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: [resource-policy] AfriNIC Policy Proposal:IPv6ProviderIndependent (PI) Assignment for End-Sites

Hytham EL Nakhal hytham at mcit.gov.eg
Wed Mar 14 09:05:08 UTC 2007

Hi Vincent,

Thank you ,

>>(b) On the other hand, we need to consider the needs/demand for IP from the different countries in >>the AfriNIC region; it's not proportionate.

Sure it's not proportionate so that I said >> "if" we divide PI blocks equally.. I agree with you & George Ezzat for that some countries will need more PI than others but in worst case if we divide it equally each country I think will have enough PI keeping in mind your comment point >> (c) It's however worth noting that end-users with a high demand (>> /48) for v6 space can always become an LIR or acquire the same from an LIR. Let's not forget that the primary objective of this policy is to provide PI v6 for critical infrastructure providers.

So, as you said let's wait and see group replies.

Best Regards,

Haitham...