[policy-wg] IPV6 PI space

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Fri Dec 15 13:32:40 UTC 2006

> Which approach are we taking here while coming up with a solution:
>
> Is it:
> (a) looking at what other RIR's are doing
> (b) considering the needs of the AfriNIC community
> (c) both

I definitely think we need to take option (c) on this one.  It is imperative
that we remember that how allocations are done impacts how future routing is
done, and since BGP and the BGP tables have global reach, and it is not only
the AfriNIC community that is affected by this.

The impact I refer to relate specifically to filtering of /48s versus /32s,
having specific blocks out of which /48s and more specifics are permitted
and other such things.

Just my 2c

Andrew Alston
TENET - Chief Technology Officer