[policy-wg] AfriNIC policy: IPv6 for critical infrastructure

Adiel A. Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Wed Oct 4 10:20:58 UTC 2006

Hello,

>On Tue October 3 2006 12:31, AINA ALAIN PATRICK(TRS) wrote:
> > According to the curent PDP:  online, face-to-face and online discussions
> > are used to get the needed consensus  before  getting a policy ractified by
> > the board.
> >

>I agree, but the actual ratification or adoption of the policy must be done
>during a face-to-face board meeting.....can't this be done online?
>
>Am I wrong about the actual ratification process?

Just a clarification here:

The board ratify policy only after consensus is reached not only
during the face 2 face meeting but also in online discussions.

To precisely answer your question/concern, the board ratify a
policy during its meeting, not only face to face one but also
during teleconferences. So no need to wait next meeting for
the board to meet to get a policy ratified if consensus is
reached.

> > Are you concerned about the delay due to obtain a public meeting ? or
> > calling for a PDP for emergency ?
> >

>I'm concerned about the delay due to convening a public meeting.

We will be happy to have input from the community here, but if
we take in account the very low participation to policy discussions
online ... it may not be a good idea to only make decision based on
online discussions. People seems to be more open to speak at a meeting
than writing an e-mail.

Thanks.

Adiel.