[policy-wg] Last call for comments on proposed policies

Adiel A. Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Mon Feb 13 07:07:04 UTC 2006

>On 11 Feb 2006, at 12:22 PM, Alan Barrett wrote:
>>On Thu, 09 Feb 2006, Ernest, B.M (AfriNIC - ZA) wrote:
>>>During the 3rd AfriNIC Public Policy Meeting in Cairo held from 12th
>>>to 13th December 2005, the community consented and voted to forward
>>>the following policy proposals to the AfriNIC Board of Directors for
>>>approval:
>>
>>Actually, there was no vote, but there did appear to be consensus.
>
>I think that there was a vote (before the discussions although I may
>be wrong), the problem was that there were only two voting members
>present.

No, there was no vote, and more importantly, policies are not a voting
matter (ref to our policy development process). Policies are adopted
based on consensus. I remember that in Cairo the principle has been
clarified by the policy-wg members leading the discussions.

See: http://www.afrinic.net/pdp.htm

Rgrds.

- a.