[policy-wg] Guidelines for Temporary Assignments/Allocations's proposal

Adiel A. AKPLOGAN adiel at afrinic.net
Sat Apr 16 16:25:38 UTC 2005

>Hello Alain,
>
>i just suggested that we extend the period for this temporary assignment
>to 3 months.
>We should take into account :

The One month start from the time the allocation is approved and made.

So:

>  1- The time to instruct the demand and to issue the IP address

Not part of the month

>  2- Time to be really sure about the event in itself

The requester must be sure before requesting the IP addresses.
As the date of the events/experiments must be provide too.

>  3- Time for the send a request to the Telco or the ISP for routing

How much time is need for that? Maybe 72 hours?

>  4- Time to configure and to be sure that the routing issues are solved
> in the Telco or the ISP network
>  5- Testing period
>  6- The event in itself

Maybe for events, the period of lease will depend on the duration:
A two week event can sort out all the test and routing in two other weeks.

Anyway I saw somewhere in the document that the lease can be renewed.

My two cents.

- a.