[Mira] Updating your MIRA pods/Raspberry Pi with new software
Nkeramugaba at isoc.org
Fri Dec 2 10:50:36 UTC 2022
Hi Kevin, Enock,
Find below the requested info:
1. Location: Rwanda_Kigali
2. Connection type: Wired
3. Network type: Fixed, FTTH/GPON
On 24 Nov 2022, at 08:58, Enock Mbewe <enocksmbewe at gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Kevin for your email.
Thanks for offering to host the Pods as we all strive to make our Internet resilient through measurements.
Here are the installation instructions:
1. Download and install Etcher - https://www.balena.io/etcher/
2. Download the image bearing your country's name HERE<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1FS1zE3MY6XJkrD0Vc6r1LL-dKvctSmdI> (e.g. raspberrypi4-64-2.99.27-v14.0.8-South-Africa.zip for South Africa)
3. Extract the image and use Etcher to burn it onto your SD card
4. Insert your SD back into the Raspberrypi and boot it up
5. Connect the device to a network with an active DHCP server
6. Email the project leads<mailto:mira at afrinic.net> cc: enocksmbewe at gmail.com<mailto:enocksmbewe at gmail.com>: your Location (Country_Town), Connection type (Wired, wireless, etc), Network type (Mobile, fixed, WiMax etc)
Let me know if you have any questions.
On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 7:22 AM Kevin Chege <chege at isoc.org<mailto:chege at isoc.org>> wrote:
I trust you are all well. You are receiving this email because you are hosting – or are managing – MIRA pods (Raspberry Pis) in Africa.
As you may know, we have been working to improve the MIRA pods to increase their functionality. Enock Mbewe, who has been consulting in this role has made several improvements including the ability to conduct RIPE measurements.
As such, we need each MIRA pod to run a new version of the MIRA software. To do so, we need your help in formatting the SD card on your Raspberry Pi with the new software.
Enock (copied) will provide you with the necessary software and information on how to install the new software on the Raspberry Pi which will only take a few minutes.
We look forward to working with you on this.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mira