[Measurement-wg] Invitation to attend first quarterly update meeting on Measuring Internet Resilience in AFRICA

Simon Seruyinda simon at afrinic.net
Tue Sep 7 10:08:07 UTC 2021

Dear Working Group,

The MIRA project team is pleased to invite you to our first quarterly update meeting scheduled on the 16th of September at 1pm UTC/GMT.

The MIRA project is a joint initiative between African Network Information Centre (AFRINIC) and the Internet Society. The project uses Internet measurements gathered by measurement devices, called MIRA pods, located within African countries in order to:
1. Determine levels of Internet resilience in African countries over time by recording specific metrics, including throughput and latency (the time it takes to reach various Internet destinations).
2. Increase the number of Internet measurement vantage points in Africa, i.e., the places from which measurements are taken.
3. Make the data available to everyone, everywhere on the Internet Society Pulse platform.

During this 1 hour webinar, we will discuss the following:
1. MIRA Internet Resilience Index
2. MIRA Pods deployment and hosting
3. MIRA Pods data visualization

Below is the link to register for the meeting.

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUode2urj4oGN17x5muXzNntDyeLdxuneR6

Join us to learn more about the MIRA project and how you can participate.

Regards;
AFRINIC