[Measurement-wg] Masters and PhD Scholarship opportunity at UCT Computer Science

Josiah Chavula josiahchavula at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 20:04:35 UTC 2021

Please share with potential postgraduate students in your networks.
----------

*PhD and MSc scholarship* opportunities at UCT, Computer Science. The
prospective candidates will work on exploring effective ways of analysing
and drawing insights about peering, traffic localization and
interconnection opportunities in Africa.
www.josiahchavula.com/improving-africa-route-analysis/

1) PhD in Computer Science at UCT:
We are offering a R180,000/year scholarship for a full-time PhD student.
The successful candidate will study techniques for analysis and
visualisation of Africa’s Internet topology (routing/peering) and metrics.

2) Masters Scholarship – Computer Science at at UCT:
We are offering a R160,000/year scholarship for full-time masters study in
Computer Science (by dissertation).  The successful candidate will explore
efficient techniques for data pipelining, scheduling and synchronization of
routing/peering datasets. This will include evaluating strategies for data
replication and caching.
If interested or need further details, email Dr Josiah Chavula at
jchavula at cs.uct.ac.za, providing a brief description of your academic
background and experience.

Thank you!
Josiah