[Icann-aswg] Fadi's visit to AU ICT Week

Dandjinou Pierre pdandjinou at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 05:25:43 SAST 2013

Dear All,
As you may know, Fadi will be visiting Africa for the second time today as
he will attend the on going AU 2013 ICT Week in Addis Ababa.

We may seize the opportunity to remind him that while Africa has started
seeing some of his promise (staffing and rollout of strategy), expectations
are still on for an ICANN presence in Africa, in term of engagement Office
or even anothe Hub.

Also, we may alert him on the importance of starting a few capacity
building centres on the Continent. My colleague Baher is looking forward to
an  Africa Centre on DNS capacity, to be based in Egypt and serving Africa
and Middle East.

For sub saharan Africa we may flag in possibilities for the following non
exhaustive list :

- DNS incubation programme
- An Africa centre for Internet Governance
- An Internet Foundation for Africa
- An Internet Academy..in African Universities

These were already suggested in our Africa strategy. Would you like to add
more?

To go back to Fadi's visit, maybe you (Moctar and/or any one participating
to the ICT Week) could air these requests? Fadi participates to the
Ministerial Round Table of today and will have bilateral meetings before
flying out to Cairo tonight.

Pierre

--
Pierre Dandjinou