[Icann-aswg] priorities

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:00:16 SAST 2012

1- Your priority list of 5 to 10 strategic objectives with subsequent
strategic projects

Objectives:

Promote the multi-stakeholder model and platform in Africa at the
government, civil society and private sector levels to enrich
participation in ICANN constituencies.

Support capacity building and development of Internet governance in Africa

Effective communication / Outreach on ICANN operations including IANA
Reference Strat Obj 3/4-5

Encourage resiliency of local DNS infrastructure (IXP, Copy of Root,
Anycast DNS)

Ensure physical presence in Africa to conduct outreach to help reflect
ICANN’s global image

Support policy development process to create conducive environment for
the internet economy in Africa

Ensure internationalisation of ICANN using outreach programme.

Projects:

An ICANN academy to help in capacity building and HR development in Africa

An ICANN ambassador programme to promote global ICANN values

 Produce Targeted Documents in appropriate languages regarding ICANN
operations Ref AFRICAN Strat. Obj 3-3

Consumer/Community Capacity Building

 A programme for enhancing cooperation with I* organisations and IGFs
to promote regional events for multi-stakeholder engagement

Leadership development programme in multi-stakeholder Internet governance.

2- Your further comments and recommendations, if any, which could be
inserted in the final document.

Your contribution should be forwarded to ICANN-ASWG at Afrinic.net
Many thanks for sending your feedback by the deadline of 28th September.

--
Cheers,

McTim