[Icann-aswg] Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] Questionnaires on Icann's Africa Strategic plan

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:04:23 SAST 2012

Hi Pierre, colleagues,

I just came across the questionnaire. I attended the ICANN meeting in
Prague but for some reason i didn't get wind about this. I would like to
know if African ccTLDS will be involved in this and if so to what extent?
My reason for asking is we are attending the 6th African ccTLD event in
Livingstone Zambia and we have  a number of actively operational African
ccTLDs present including ICANN accredited registrars and partners like the
Internet Society who play a key role in the African Internet Space. The
outgoing ICANN Manager had indicated a keen interest to work closely with
African ccTLDS and now that she is leaving  i am not sure whether the
organization still shares the same ideals. I would like to request that all
relevant stakeholders and institutions be involved from the onset to avoid
a half baked strategy that might force us back to the drawing board i think
answering the why is more important than the how. I write as an ICT4D and
Internet governance advocate in East Africa having been involved in the
planning and organisation of the Kenya IGF , East African IGF for the last
couple of years and as a manager of our regional association of ccTLDS
based on the feedback we are receiving from participants in our meetings. I
would also suggest that you prepare a french version of the questionnaire
for our francophone members. I look forwad to receiving and answer from you
so that i can obtain substantial input during the update i will be giving
to members on Thursday.

Thank you

Best Regards

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Dandjinou Pierre <pdandjinou at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> The Working Group on Icann's strategy for Africa, which was established in
> Prague at ICANN 44 , is administering the attached questionnaire as an
> additional means for collecting Africans' needs with regards to Icann's
> specific roles in Africa, and africa's overall contribution to ICANN.
>
> As you probably know, the Working Group is expected to deliver its
> preliminary findings and report outlines prior to ICANN 45 in Toronto.
>
> We would be therefore grateful if you could submit your filled out
> questionnaire by August 5th to ICANN-ASWG at Afrinic.net
>
> Many thanks in advance for your contributions .
>
> Warm regards
>
> Maimouna Diop Diagne
> Palesa Legoze
> Nii Quaynor