[Icann-aswg] Fwd: Announcement draft

Dandjinou Pierre pdandjinou at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:43:03 SAST 2012

Sounds ok! However, I think Tarek's recruitment should not only be
justified by the production of the Africa strategy! My understanding was
that additionally , hé should advise Fadi on global issues, aka IGF.

With this, we CAN now post an update on the Aswg on African lists!
Regards
Pierre

On Thursday, August 9, 2012, Nii Quaynor <nquaynor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any comments?
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Tarek KAMEL <tarek.kamel at icann.org>
> Date: August 9, 2012 4:11:38 GMT
> To: Nii Quaynor <nquaynor at gmail.com>
> Subject: Announcement draft
>

> Hi Nii,
>
> ICANN communication team wants to have an announcement on the ICANN web
site about the african WG and my new role. They say it has been leaking
piece by piece to more and more staff members, so they want to go public
with it on the web site so that nobody thinks we have secrets.
> Attached is a draft for an announcement that the communication team is
working on with myself.
> What do you think, is it ok from your end? Is it going to cause any
unnecessary debates at africann list or elsewhere?
> Think about it and give me your feedback. I was inclined to slow it down
but it seems they are pushing for the reason I mentioned above

--
Pierre Dandjinou
Cotonou - 229 90 087784 / 66566610