[Icann-aswg] Re: List of Invited Participants - Africa SWG retreat

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Tue Aug 7 11:55:59 SAST 2012

Hello Chris,

Hope you are doing well.

As you know we have offered to facilitate the retreat for the
ICANN ASWG here in Mauritius. We are suggesting the Shandrani
Resort Hotel for accommodation and venue for the retreat. We
have made a provisional booking for the week of the retreat.

It is a resort which we have already used for several of our
own and NRO retreats. It is locate at less than 10 minutes
drive from the airport and offer an unlimited  full board at a
reasonable price. You can all read more about the Shandrani
at: http://www.shandrani-resort.com/

We also have to start looking at travel arrangement details
(visa, tickets, etc..) and I would like to know how you would
like to to proceed with this.

AFRINIC is prepared to help with the logistic. However I want
to know what will be the best option for you to handle payments?
AFRINIC can cover most of the costs (especially those to be paid
locally) and claim back from ICANN (it is our preferred option
in order to have coherent interaction with the various suppliers
and to be able to take full advantage of us being here). Will
that work for you?

Have you started making arrangement for ticket yet? If you wish
we may also be able to assist with that through our travel
coordinator.

As we are less than a month from the event, we need to quickly
decide on these aspects so for us to start working on the
details.

Guylaine my assistant (in copy) will be your main contact at
AFRINIC for facilitating the whole event.

Thanks.

- a.