[IANAOversight] [IANA-issues] Fwd: [CWG-Stewardship] The Jordan Carter / InternetNZ document

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Thu Oct 16 18:15:40 UTC 2014

Thank you Kivuva for sharing this good overview of what this oversight transition is about. I have made a comment to the author which I would like to share with the list as well. On slide 3 to 8 it looks like ICANN is in charge of Global policy related to Number resources while in reality, and this is particular to the RIR system, our global policies are also developed through and by our respective communities. While ICANN Board is the entity that ratifies them, it usually has no say in the substance of such policies and mainly base their decision on the compliance to the Global PDP (https://www.nro.net/documents/global-policy-development-process) and assessment of the community consensus.

- a.